Amaranth greens are edible leafy vegetables that are highly nutritious. These organic vegetables are the powerhouse of essential nutrients and vitamins. Not just the Amaranth leaves, even the seeds of this plant are a great source of gluten-free protein.
- Calories: 251
- Protein: 9.3 grams
- Carbs: 46 grams
- Fat: 5.2 grams
- Manganese: 105% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 40% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 36% of the RDI
- Iron: 29% of the RDI
- Selenium: 19% of the RDI
- Copper: 18% of the RDI
- Amaranth leaves are high in minerals, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and minerals that contribute immensely to wellness and health.
- When you buy organic vegetables like Amaranth, such greens carry a good amount of insoluble and soluble dietary fibers. For this reason, dieticians recommend Amaranth leaves for reducing weight and controlling cholesterol.
- Fresh Amaranth leaves are also a great source of vitamin C that is a water-soluble antioxidant playing a vital role in fighting against infection and wound healing
- Additionally, it has a higher amount of manganese, calcium, zinc, and copper too.