Did you know cress is a powerhouse of nutrients? It’s sad how people often overlook how powerful this farm-fresh product is. Watercress is low in calories but packs a wide range of nutrients. So when you buy organic vegetables like these you will get a whole lot of benefits.
- Calories: 4
- Carbs: 0.4 grams
- Protein: 0.8 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Fiber: 0.2 grams
- Vitamin A: 22% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin C: 24% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 106% of the RDI
- Calcium: 4% of the RDI
- Manganese: 4% of the RDI
- Cress is packed with antioxidants and plant compounds that protect against cell damages caused by free radicals, and harmful molecules.
- Watercress is high in phytochemicals that help to reduce your risk of developing cancers
- It also contains glucosinolates that are activated only when they are chewed or cut with a knife. It protects against cancer by safeguarding your healthy cells
- Consuming watercress is also beneficial for your heart health because it contains a high level of antioxidants, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
- When you buy online vegetables like watercress, you are all set to get all the health benefits. It boosts your blood vessel health by decreasing the thickness of your vessels.