Red cabbage belongs to the group of vegetables like kale and Brussels sprouts. When you eat it raw, you will get a crunchy, peppery taste. But, it becomes softer and sweeter when you cook it. Buy these organic vegetables from us and enjoy the best of seasonal delights.
- 12kcal / 49kj
- 0.6g protein
- 0.2g fat
- 1.8g carbohydrate
- 1.8g fiber
- 104mg potassium
- 25mcg folate
- 26mg vitamin C
- Red cabbage’s beautiful colors are not only pleasant to the eyes, but they also contain a high amount of antioxidants. When you buy vegetables online you are getting better at anthocyanins, and other nutrients like vitamin C, E, and so on.
- As per survey records, anthocyanins promote good cardiovascular health.
- Sulforaphane is another key component of brassica vegetables like red cabbage. It might be responsible for the anti-inflammatory properties these green provide.
- While there are no solid claims that a specific superfood helps to prevent cancer. It is seen that eating a healthy diet reduces your risk of getting the deadly disease. If you are considering a healthy diet, red cabbage can be a good option due to its anthocyanins and sulforaphane.
- Including red cabbage in your diet always supports a good gut. It is a good source of fiber which is also prebiotic. It means that this type of fiber acts as a fuel source for good gut bacteria.